Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring Break Fun

This was a great Spring Break. The weather was awesome, and it is leaving me a little broken hearted that I have to go back to work tomorrow bc the summer-like weather is going to continue. I LOVE hot weather, want to live where it's hot all the time, so I was in heaven with temps in the 70s and 80s.
I took Anna to daycare for a shorter-than-normal days Monday-Thursday, but still time to learn and play with her friends. Then when we got home we played outside. We took walks, she rode her bike, she rode her car, blew bubbles, ran around, just had fun in the sun! All the playing helped her sleep at night, and she didn't wake up screaming to come into our room for several nights in a row!!!

We also got to meet Drew! He is so cute and tiny. I just love babies - I could hold infants forever (until they start crying for food or diaper change). I forgot what it was like to hold a new baby; he was so light. He is blond and hairy like my sister, and I think his face resembles my brother's and sister's. Anna really likes babies - real and pretend, so she liked meeting Drew and holding him and giving him kisses. She was gentle with her hands, but she doesn't understand how to control her body around a newborn, so I just had to be very watchful.


Anna and Jackson also had an Easter Egg Hunt. They had a great time gathering all the eggs and opening them to eat the candies inside. Anna has a HUGE sweet tooth, so the candy has to be hidden. Anna and Jackson had a great time playing together; I wish we lived closer so they could play together more often. It's one of life's difficult things - getting 2 year olds to get their picture taken, but this one turned out pretty cute.

We enjoyed Easter Brunch with my Mom's family today. It was yummy and fun, but we are all pretty tired. Back to the grind tomorrow. Hope all goes smoothly.
Today I am thankful for:
1. Easter Brunch
2. open windows
3. seeing family this weekend


No comments:

Post a Comment