Tuesday, April 6, 2010

These things are true - for me anyways

Yesterday several teachers had a little gathering in the hall talking about baby and kid things that people told us or we learned. It had me thinking - what are some things that people told me about pregnancy and motherhood that I found to be true...

  1. There is nothing like the love you have for your child - and it grows everyday.
  2. The last good night of sleep you'll ever have is the night you made a baby.
  3. Kids cost a lot of money.
  4. You do things for your kids you never thought you would do.
  5. You lose all modesty after having a baby.
  6. You will never get your old body back, weight - maybe, body -no.
  7. Once your baby starts walking, you will rarely have a bathroom moment alone.
  8. Nap when your baby naps.
  9. You will do things wrong, and it's OK.
  10. "You know what" happens less often. TMI?

I'm sure there are more little thoughts and tidbits, but these are the 10 I could think of right now.

Today I am thankful for:

  • rice krispy treats
  • winning the basketball pool - $90 that will pay for the scrap booking stuff and pillows that I bought last week
  • B is getting a "thank you" bonus from work in a few weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment