Sunday, April 25, 2010

He's bought himself a few weeks!


I love this guy. He's pretty great, and let's not forget the good looks. But this isn't about his good looks, it's about how I know he loves Anna and would take all his free time to give her what he knows she would love.
I think I've mentioned how B and I have "discussions" (kind of like a fight without the meanness - you might think it's bc we're so evolved, but really I'm not much of a fighter) about how I feel like I do all the everyday stuff, and yes, I know he does a lot of things around the house, but those are just sometimes stuff. Well, I'll give him a break for a few weeks bc he just finished Anna's play set today!!!!

Anna LOVES to be outside; in fact she'll repeat the word 'outside' until you give in or make her think of something else. We play in the front yard, and we play in the backyard, but she has that whole 5 minute attention span thing, so we run out of things to do. Since she LOVES to be outside and she loves the park, we thought we might as well bring it to our backyard. We went with this CedarWorks set. It was more money than we really wanted to spend initially, but it's all in the opportunity cost: no sanding or staining - ever, and it comes with many parts already assembled.

The 9 boxes were delivered on Monday, and B got to work unpacking the boxes and beginning a little assembly. He continued the assembly of different parts (the two towers and the ladders) in the garage throughout the week until the final assembly was left. The weather wasn't really on our side for this one, but he got a break today. B woke up at 7 and worked non-stop until 3 when everything was finally in place! Is he amazing or what? He's really a great dad and hubby, even if he doesn't change poopy diapers if there is someone else to do it (me):)

Anna swung (sp check said that's what it should be, but it looks so wrong) on her baby swing, then with me on the big swing, then by herself on the big swing, and then repeated, and repeated, and repeated, she climbed up the ladder and went down the slide several times, and she even climbed the ramp with the rope. She has this whole impatientce thing that shows up even when she's enjoying herself on the swings: she just slides right off regardless of the fact that it's still moving! She was so happy.

We came in for dinner and it was starting to rain, and she continued to ask to go outside on the swings. I think it's a winner! If you're looking for something to do this summer , come on over- you know where we'll be ... on the kick ass swing set my awesome husband built!!! I told you he loved her.


Pictures soon - the battery died on the camera, and I'm too lazy to charge it right now.


Today I'm thankful for:


  1. good enough weather so B could put the swing set up.

  2. a husband that loves our daughter with all his heart

  3. a really great book: Girls' Poker Night by Jill A. Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment