Saturday, February 13, 2010

What does a monkey say?

Last night we ate at Steak N' Shake, then drove over to look at Ashley Furniture (we're always looking for the perfect bedroom suit - we've been living together for 6 years, and still haven't found one. I think I have a pickiness problem.) Anyway, we drove past Monkey Joes, so I ran in to get a brochure. We checked it out, and decided to go after nap time today. My mom came down to visit, so she went with us.

It was only $5 for Anna to get in - adults are free. It's a little more for 2 and up kids and a little more for weekends, but very acceptable for me. There was one big bounce house for 3 and under, so we spent some time in there (parents can help and go on every bouncer - which was a must for Anna at this age.) We also went on the two big slides multiple times. B and I took turns bc it's fairly exhausting to help her climb up the big slides. I did have a panic moment when I was standing in the corner of the 3 and under bouncer, and Anna never came back around to go on the little slide. I started looking around for her, and she wasn't there. I was screaming to B and my mom, "I can't find her, she's not here, where is she??????" Do you know what it's like to be stuck at the back of a bouncer, trying to run out and find your baby who might be lost in a sea of crazy children hopped up on icees, cotton candy, and bounce house fun all while your husband and mom are not understanding that she is LOST, NOT IN HERE WITH ME, WHERE IS SHE???? I finally got out of the bouncer and looked in the next bouncer over, and there she was, having a great time. You do wear matching bracelets that are cut off when you leave, so that gave me a little calm, but I was still freaked out. We were there for 2 hours and we were all tired by the end. We will definitely go back - it was very fun.

B and I went to test drive cars after that while my mom stayed with Anna. We have to give the Venza back at the end of February, so we are looking at SUVs so we have a car with some space. B will drive the civic, we will turn in our IS, and I will drive the SUV. We are deciding between a Highlander and a 4-Runner. I liked both. The Highlander is a smoother ride, more like a car, but the 4-Runner looks really cool. I'd be happy with either. We're going to look into prices a little more, figure B's discount, and go from there.

For the rest of the night - Olympics!

No comments:

Post a Comment