Why does our interstate highway system start with 1 on the West coast and end with 95 on the East coast? Our country was started on the East and moved West (I know, not counting the Indians).
I've always wondered that. Well at least wondered it for a long while.
Why would I be wondering that for a long while?
Because I like a good map. I'm quite excellent with directions. I like making maps in my brain. I like making all the roads connect to make a big picture. I like having several ways to get somewhere, even if I always take the same one. I like when it makes sense.
I can make the maps in most places I go. Except in Seneca Co. Ohio where all you can see is farms, homes, barns, and cows. The roads are named with numbers (State Route this, County Rd that, blah blah blah). It's a place where there is some imaginary line where the towns change but only locals can distinguish a farm in one town to a farm in another. It all looks the same to me. I can get to a few select places. I've not been able to make a big map. It's quite annoying.
Today I am thankful for:
1. sunshine.
2. a big fat long nap today.
3. a funny baby - she likes to put her feet in my face so I say, "Ew, stinky feet." She actually does have smelly feet. Poor girl.
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment