Monday, February 15, 2010

A snowy day off

We are off school for Presidents' Day. We would have been off school because of the snow. It took B almost an hour to get to work - I-75 was not cleared off as it usually is. It wasn't a very pretty morning, but it's kind of lovely now: everything covered in white with the sun shining down. It's going to snow more they say. I guess it might be a snow day tomorrow.


Anna has been entertaining me this morning. She's funny. She loves to climb; the past few days, she loves to climb up to the dining room table - there's candy up there from Valentine's Day. She likes candy; I can't really blame her. Today she tore open 2 Pixie sticks and got a little sugar out of each one bf they closed up from getting soggy. I helped her finish them off - we like cherry flavored sugar. Then later I saw her working on a Laffy Taffy wrapper. I didn't think she would be able to do it, but she was thinking outside the box and chewed through the middle, rather than the end. We shared a little strawberry Laffy Taffy - we like strawberry flavored sugar, too.

My other favorite part of the morning was watching Anna do a somersault. I know she's been trying, but this morning with Shelby by her side, she did a perfect 10 somersault. She didn't know I was watching. It was like her own little moment. I let her have it for herself. I can cheer her on for future somersaults.

Today, I am thankful for:

  • being in a warm house with soft blankets while it's cold and snowy outside.
  • seeing Anna's somersault.
  • B getting to work safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment