Tears if she wants to be picked up.
Tears if I don't read the right page of her book.
Tears if she doesn't get the snack she wants.
Tears if I shut the bedroom door.
Tears when bath time is over.
Tears during diaper changes (though it's getting better).
Tears because she's pulled away from something dangerous but so tempting.
Do you get it...tears for any and all moments of the day.
This is just one of the many reasons she needs a sibling. She needs a little patience and understanding. Just not yet. I'm not ready. We're not ready.
The tears don't frustrate or annoy me. I just think she's so silly. Most kids throwing tantrums are - just silly.
Depending on the situation, I:
- comfort her
- ignore her
- change what I'm doing to make her happy
- talk calmly to her to explain the situation - this one totally doesn't work, but I give it a good try
Tears are just a part of motherhood. I'm thankful for them if it means I get to spend time with Anna. She's my girl.
Today I am also thankful for:
1. funny pictures that people paid for on Ellen - laugh out loud funny
2. a new book (for me): Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult
3. a little extra sleep time this am

No comments:
Post a Comment