Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We will sleep like kings - I hope

B and I have noticed that our bed isn't so great anymore. I feel like I'm sinking; he feels the springs. Needless to say, we aren't getting a great night sleep and are ready for a new bed. Since Anna frequents our bed what seems like every night for an hour or so, we decided to go for the king. I predict that she will continue to get in our bed as she gets older, so king it is. We got it at Macy's during their Presidents' Day Sale. It is scheduled to be delivered on March 6 - so exciting!


Now a few small issues:

1) We don't have any sheets, covers, or a comforter for this big bed. We have REALLY nice sheets for our queen size bed that we got for wedding gifts. We aren't willing to give up the high thread count, so we'll go piece by piece until we have a whole set.

2) I don't know how I want to decorate the bedroom (or the rest of the house for that matter). I had a really clear vision with our other house, and I've got nothin' for this one. I think I'm being torn - "simple and classic" or "bright and fun"? The house says "simple and classic" while my taste is telling me "bright and fun." What is a girl to do? Probably defer to husband, who will say "simple and classic." Duh.


Simple solutions:

1) We will buy one nice set of white sheets now.

2) I will search for some comforter and other sheet options and ask for those for Christmas.

Here are some I like:
pottery barn - woodland
pottery barn - monreale paisley
pottery barn - quilts in daffodil, sandalwood, or soft green
pottery barn - silk quilt in any color
pottery barn - organic quilt in any color
pottery barn - pearl embroidered in any color but sandalwood
pottery barn - floral vine (not available in king, but maybe later???)

bed bath & beyond - camilla
beddingsupperstore.com - mandarin ok, so this one is a little pricey, but still cool
beddingsupperstore.com - harmony
westelm - pin tuck in white, natural, seaspray, or clay
westelm - pleated voile in any color

We'll see what's available when the time comes.

Today I am thankful for:
1. B stayed home from work today (for a mental health day, to escape the bad drive, and to be with his two favorite gals).
2. Anna got out of the tub without a fight and tears!
3. I found my little weights to go along with 30 day Shred. I was using soup cans which was considerably easier, but I need the weights to make some changes in my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment