One of my paranoias: I always think I'm pregnant. I don't actually believe I'm pregnant, but I have to take a pregnancy test to prove that I'm not. That's probably weird. I can't be sure how many tests I take in a year - probably 3 or 4. I buy the multi-pack. Bryan just shakes his head.
I always have 2 or 3 symptoms of pregnancy before I take the test. These symptoms include: vomiting (fairly common for me), urinating frequently, smelling things very strongly (I thought someone broke jars of pickles and squirted mustard all over the grocery store when I was pregnant.), being very tired, getting so angry over something stupid that I think fire is actually coming out of my ears (like on cartoons), and being overly sensitive (crying over something really dumb).
I am a worrier by nature, so I think that's why I take the tests. Because of my medical issues, I really need to plan and be ready for a pregnancy, which I am not currently doing, so I just get really paranoid.
I took a test on Father's Day weekend (aw, wouldn't that have been so cute - happy father's day again!) It was of course - negative, don't go getting your hopes up. I will have to say, it was the first time I felt OK with the prospect of having another baby; you know, not panicked and stressed. I'm glad it's not the time yet; Anna is still too needy, and I'm worthless when I'm pregnant. I plan on thinking about it more in a year from now. Until then...Anna's more than enough fun, joy, and drama for this mama.
Today I am thankful for:
- a fun night out with the girls
- grocery shopping by myself
- new books waiting for me at the library

No comments:
Post a Comment