One of her most excitable times is during our evening walk. We enjoy taking walks when the weather is nice. Anna and Shelby probably enjoy the walks the most. Anna likes to point out all the animals she sees - dogs get a scream and repeat: "DOG, DOG, DOOOOOGGGG!!!", cats get a "meow, meooow," birds get a "bird, bird," ducks get a "quack, quack." Oh, but we don't stop at animals, we also get excited about cars, balls, and bikes. If strangers are really luck, they get a "hi."
Bryan and I have been using this time to work on:
- colors: What color is the grass/sky/dog/cloud/car? She says everything is white, so we'll keep working on those colors
- manners: I'm talking to Daddy, please wait your turn
- and stop signs: she now points out every stop sign and says "sta."
Between Anna's excitement and questions, Bryan and I talk about our day. It's a really nice time as a family. Our daughter is happy learning and experiencing nature, and Bryan and I get to hang out without many interferences.
Today I'm thankful for:
- getting my chapter books and non-fiction books organized and cataloged
- sun shine and outside play
- family time on our walk

No comments:
Post a Comment