Monday, June 14, 2010

Our House - 1 year and 2 days

We moved in a year ago Saturday. That was a crazy, emotional, and stressful time. I'm glad to not have all that going on this year. We've settled into life in our new home pretty well over the past year.
Here are a few things I love about our house:
  1. living in a ranch is so nice - I never would have thought that I would like it so much, but I do.
  2. the basement is so nice and cool in the summer - it's a great place to watch tv.
  3. I have tons of space to store things in the kitchen.
  4. living close to Hamburg is very convenient.
  5. our utility bills are much lower (bigger house - less in utilities...don't buy a Ball Home)
  6. we don't have any trashy neighbors that neglect their homes anymore.
  7. we have plenty of room to spread out
  8. we have a yard big enough for a kick ass swing set
  9. I have a huge laundry room with a big area to fold clothes - makes a chore a little better

Living in our new house has been great, but of course not perfect. Here are a few things that I don't love so much:

  1. that nice cool basement in the summer is also very cool in the winter - we're looking into a fireplace solution.
  2. the disposal sucks - I throw most things into the garbage
  3. I don't think we are really "neighbor" people. While they are not trashy, many are strange and nosey.
  4. The traffic coming home is sometimes a pain.

All in all: I'm so glad we moved. We have a beautiful home we can grow into over the next ?? years. We are very fortunate to have a nice home to live in.

I'm thankful for:

  • a great start to my summer - a day of playing with Anna
  • a really good book: Velva Jean Learns to Drive
  • Anna used the potty for pee-pee 4 times today (I apologize for the people without kids, but this is what becomes of life with a two year old) - she only went in her diaper during nap time and in the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment