Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Other Life

When I was little I used to go to the video store with my mom to rent movies. I'm a creature of habit, and I would usually rent the same movies over and over again. One of my favorites: Swiss Family Robinson! Wouldn't it be so cool to be shipwrecked on an island with your family, and then build a sweet house right on the beach? I was very lucky as a kid, and got to go to the beach with my mom and with my dad each summer. (Funny side note: I was shocked to find out that kids that live in Myrtle Beach go to school.) I love the beach. I think my love of the beach and Swiss Family Robinson was the start of a life path I didn't take. I wonder what would have happened if I went to college near the beach??? I didn't even think to look at colleges that far away. I wonder if I would live there now. I don't want to really wonder because I wouldn't have B or Anna, but I wouldn't mind our little family living there now.

Bryan and I have been watching Lost on Netflix streamed to the XBOX (gosh things have changed). We used to watch Lost, but when I got pregnant I got very tired, and it got very weird, so we quit watching. Well then everyone kept saying how good seasons 5 and 6 were, so we're starting over at 1. We'll get to 5 and 6 eventually. Lost just brings back all those feelings to want to live on the beach. I don't want to live on that beach because it's mostly weird, but I want to live at/near A beach, in a house would be preferable. I think it's a case of "the grass is always greener," but I really want to live at the beach.

Here's what my life would be like if I lived at the beach:
  • We would have a nice, sturdy house with windows that overlooked the water, and a big deck
  • Anna and I would take walks everyday looking for beach treasures
  • I would have a nice golden tan all year
  • We would have enough room for guests
  • I like working, but maybe at the beach I would like to be a stay at home mom
  • I would always be in a happy mood, because I live at the beach

I know for this to happen at this time in our lives (house on the beach, no job) we will have to be the recipients of a very large sum of money, but it's fun to dream.

Maybe one day...

I'm thankful for:

  • a sunny and hot day
  • my summer is finally starting tomorrow
  • more energy since school's been out

No comments:

Post a Comment