Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!

I turned the big 3-0 on Monday! I had a hard time with 29, but I think it prepared me for 30. I'm ok with 30. I have an awesome life: a beautiful and fun baby, a supportive and loving hubby, a job I enjoy, and great family and friends. I have many blessings in my life, and my 30s are a time to enjoy those blessings.

My birthday celebrations took place over several days...
Part 1:
Anna, Bryan and I went to Old Navy on Saturday because they were having a 30% off everything sale. I bought a green khaki jacket (the kind you don't take off) and brown Bermuda shorts (not the best look for me, but I can wear them to work on super casual days). Then we went to the new Saul Good. I haven't had food that wasn't good there, and this dinner was no different. I of course got desert, it was my 30th bday dinner! I chose the white chocolate cheesecake, and it was delicious. Actually, it was more than delicious, it was a top-of-the-list scrumptioulisous desert. I couldn't stop thinking about that cheesecake. You really ought to try it for yourself.

Part 2:
Two of my teammates and I had birthdays this week. We all went to dinner on Monday to celebrate. We went to La Hacienda by Dairy Queen. It was yummy. It was a fun night to spend out with the people I work with. We would like to do a little more of that. It's hard with so many different schedules, but we're going to try to fit it in now and again.

Part 3:
I went to Target after dinner on Monday since I was by myself. I got several new shirts and a pair of shoes, plus a few things for Anna. I'm excited about the wardrobe changes I've made recently. I need to purge my closet now; there are too many things that I don't like or just don't wear.

Well, there you have it - nothing Earth shattering for my 30th (unless you count the cheesecake), but a great couple of days with good people.

Today I'm thankful for:

  1. a happy 30th birthday
  2. birthday money
  3. new clothes
  4. new shoes
  5. watching the baby robins in the nest outside my bathroom window

No comments:

Post a Comment