We had our parent program today. The students write letters to their parent(s) about what they learned in first grade and what they enjoyed about first grade (recess). The letters are very sweet. They read the letters aloud to their parents, and did an awesome job.
Last year I made muffins and punch, this year I made some easy favorites:
- banana nut mini-muffins - I used the Martha Stewart recipe for banana bread that I always use, but made mini muffins (350 for 12 minutes). The strange thing is the muffins don't taste near as delicious as the bread.
- French Breakfast Puffs - also minis - from PW
- Hello Dollies -see recipe below. I probably put it up before, but I don't feel like looking.
- I bought the orange juice.
I had a lot of parents say "thanks" and they "enjoyed the program", but I had just as many not say anything. How do you not say "thanks"???? I spent 3 hours of my time baking those delicious goodies. I could have given them nothing and not done a program, because obviously it's easier. I'm also annoyed that parents don't follow my directions: Parents get the treats first. When I say it's ok, students may have 1 treat. Why do they feel it's necessary to give their child more treats???? I will never understand. I will still do a parent program again next year - for the parents that enjoy it and use their manners.
Hello Dollies
- 1 pack of graham crackers - smashed into crumbs
- 1 stick of butter melted - mix with the crumbs and make a thin layer in a 13 x 9 pan
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup white chocolate or bittersweet chips
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk over the top of the layers above
- bake at 30 minutes at 350
- I like them in the refrigerator.
I am thankful for:
- getting to watch Anna squeal with joy while looking at the animals at Pet's Mart
- a strawberry milkshake from Steak N Shake
- people that use their manners

No comments:
Post a Comment