I am going to try to think of 30 birthday memories. Some might be general, others specific. Let's see if I can do it...
1. When I was in first grade my mom had a BIG party with all the girls in my class plus a few friends and cousins at her house.
2. At above mentioned party the following things happened: we ate pizza at tables set up in the living room, my sister cried about not knowing people, my cousin painted the letter S on my chalkboard, my friend took all her clothes off except undies and went outside (she was like 4 or 5, not a mature first grader, obviously)
3. My sister and I always got the same outfit from her grandma (her bday is 4 weeks after mine). Mine was usually yellow and hers was pink or blue.
4. My 28th birthday was probably my best - I had Anna 2 weeks before.
5. I had my 21st bday at a bar called Paninis at OSU. That bar has since been torn down and luxury apartments have been built in its place.
6. For one of my birthday's I was in Chicago with my sister's family. We had a birthday cake with a purple plastic bear on top. I liked the bear because of its extreme smoothness.
7. Ok this is from a picture, but - my mom made a bear and a horse cake for my first birthday.
8. For my 14 th or 15 th birthday, my friends and one of their moms took me to Chucky Cheese. They felt sorry for me because my mom wouldn't ever take me there. I guess better late than never.
9. My friend Alison gave me a box of Lucky Charms for my birthday because, again, my mom wouldn't buy me those (gosh, don't you feel sorry for me?) My mom proceeded to eat most of that box of Lucky Charms. I remind her of this whenever I can.
10. One of my high school boyfriends asked me to be his girlfriend on my 17th birthday. He broke my heart 3 months later (gosh, I bet you feel REALLY sorry for me now). It's OK - I got over it.
11. I had begged my mom to let me get my ears pierced for years. She finally gave in on my 3rd birthday.
12. I continued to beg my mom to let me get my ears double pierced. She never gave in. I went with my boyfriend at the time (see, I told you I got over my broken heart) to the mall and got my ears double pierced on my 18th birthday. I rarely ever wear earrings in my double or triple piercings anymore.
13. This is from pictures: I got my first two wheel bike when I was 5. I was wearing a red shirt and white skirt with red, blue, yellow, and green swirls; I really loved that outfit. My mom and I lived in a two-family house across from a park. I learned to ride my bike without training wheels at that same house.
14. One of my favorite gifts: my dad gave me a pair of jeans and a purple Member's Only jacket for one of my birthdays. I wouldn't mind finding a purple Member's Only jacket that would fit me now - or maybe one for Anna so she could show her friends how cool she is.
15. The next party I got to have at my mom's house only had a few of my friends instead of the whole grade. We had pizza to eat.
16. I used to ask my old step mom to make me brownies with powdered sugar for my birthday desert. She isn't the world's greatest cook, but I guess she could handle brownies ok.
17. I also would ask her to make the one meal she could make for my birthday dinner - some kind of chicken with cream soup and biscuits on top. The biscuits would be soft and delicious with creamy goodness on the bottom.
18. Birthday 29 was my hardest birthday. It was the first time I felt "old." I kept thinking, "I'm going to be one of those people in their mid 30s soon." I'm ok with it now. With my 30s comes security, happiness, and contentment with life.
19. My 24th was my first birthday in Lexington.
20. My 19th was my first birthday having diabetes.
21. Little Sibs weekend in college was on my birthday weekend. My brother was 11 at the time. He stayed up all night playing video games, eating pizza, and drinking soda with my boy friend at the time's little brother who was also 11. His exact words after the weekend were, "I can't wait to go to college. You can just stay up all night playing video games and eating pizza." We laugh about that still, but now that he's finishing up his college career, I'm sure he's had quite a few of those nights. I'll have to ask him.
22. Bryan made me cry on my 30th birthday because he was in a NyQuil coma when he woke up to get ready for work and didn't tell me happy birthday. He didn't exactly forget, but he didn't remember at that moment. It's ok - he left work early to get my presents together and buy me cupcakes from GiGi's Cupcakes (they were pretty good). He felt pretty horrible. I'm not mad at him. My feelings were hurt, but they mend quickly.
23. I'm not positive this was a birthday, but I think it was. My sister and I each got a banana seat bicycle for one of our birthdays. Mine was purple and hers was pink. We rode those bikes all the time. Banana seat bikes with big U shaped handle bars kick ass. I hope I can find one for Anna.
I'm seven short. I will have to ask my mom and dad for help to finish out this list. Stay tuned.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment