Tuesday, May 25, 2010

all better now

Sometimes a girl (me) needs a little crying and a pitty party, and that's what I gave myself. Well the party's over, and I'm ok now. I just needed to release some frustrations.

We are back to using all the strategies we can to make life happy and calm...bribing with Smarties! And talking on her level, if this then this, and what ever else needs to be done. I'm not saying she doesn't fight or scream, because she does, but I'm not pulling my hair out (today).

I was picking Anna up at day care today when the assistant director and I were talking about summer plans. Anna will be going to day care on Tuesdays and Thursdays so she can keep up with learning and playing with her friends. I was saying how Anna does much better at school than she does with me. She rarely ever gives her teachers drama, tantrums, and bossiness; that makes me happy. She was shocked to hear that Anna gives me so much trouble. Then she was telling me how much she loves Anna because she's always happy and has to give her a hug and kiss every time she leaves the room. That one compliment made my day.

I will admit, for every tantrum and fight, I get many more kisses and hugs. She loves to play tricks. She loves to laugh and have fun. She loves to be silly. She loves to play pretend. She loves to read. She loves to take care of her babies. She loves to make animal noises. She loves to play outside.

My life is pretty great after all.

I'm thankful for:
  • not being sad anymore
  • sunny warm weather
  • my job - signed my contract for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment