Did you watch that show when you were in 1st grade like I did? I don't even know the name, just the song. I think of that song (or line of the song) every time I go to the zoo.
We went Saturday morning, so I had to sing the song.
My mom gave us Cincinnati Zoo passes for Easter. Saturday was one of the first non-rainy days we've had in awhile, so we got up, got ready, and hit the road. I was a little panicked when we got there because the big parking lot was full - I thought we weren't going to get to go in. If you've ever been to the Cinci Zoo you know it's in the ghetto (no lies), not the kind of place where I want to park on the street and walk to the entrance. But it was ok - we just went to a different lot around the block.
Anna was so good. I never know what kind of mood she'll be in - manageable and fun or unmanageable and ridiculous. She was manageable and fun! She rode in her stroller until we got to an animal, then B would take her out and hold her up to see it. She really loved seeing the animals and making their noises. We had the right amount of snacks and treats to get her back in the stroller when she was adamant that she had to walk. It was much too crowded to walk, plus she wanted to not hold hands and run away, you know because it's funny.
We left after a few hours when it was nap time and she couldn't handle it anymore. We didn't see everything, but we'll go back. That's the fun of having passes!
Pics to come.
Today I'm thankful for:
1. not having to wake up early tomorrow
2. a feel good message from a past student's mom
3. a baby that takes medicine like a champ
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment