This has been a crazy week. I got sick at work on Monday - went home early. Anna got sick at daycare on Wednesday - went home early. We thought she was ok: no fever, no vomiting, no diarrhea, so she went to daycare on Thursday. Got a call - diarrhea - Bryan went home early; I stayed late to get sub plans ready for Friday. Anna and I hung out yesterday while she still wouldn't eat much or drink her bottles and still had diarrhea. For those of you without children, be happy that you've never had to smell that before!
I worry about her when she's sick because she doesn't drink Pedialite (sp?), Gatorade, or juice. I did get her to eat one Pedialite popsicle, but then made faces, glued her lips shut, and pushed the popsicle away the next couple of times I tried to give her a popsicle. She still had spit and tears and was moving around, so she wasn't showing signs of dehydration, but still.
I'm hoping the weather doesn't get bad today. I would really like to get out and about - Target and Kohls are on my list. I was looking at our finances the other day after I paid bills - not the pretty picture it was before Anna (although she's worth it :)). People aren't kidding when they say kids are expensive - and we aren't even to the stage when she can ask for things! I'm trying to be really aware of the money I spend. When I was in grad school and subbing (which pays nothing), we did a great job of living within our means. It was a good experience early on for us - we still haven't accumulated any debt (besides the biggies - house, car, and school), and I would like to keep it that way. One of many good things I can say about Bryan: he is not a spender. Me - sometimes a spender, but I have pretty good self control (Like I would like a new purse, but I don't need one and I don't have any extra money laying around, so I'm not going to buy one right now). Daycare, diapers, and formula have really taken away from money we used to put into savings. I tried the generic diapers and hated them. My friend uses them all the time, but they didn't work for me. Anna can start drinking whole milk around 1, so not much longer with the formula! The countdown is on.
I think my mom is coming down today so she can spend time with Anna. I don't know what Bryan and I will do - dinner somewhere, maybe a movie depending on the time. We don't usually agree on movies, so we'll see.
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Talk to Jenn about formula...her mom works at a pediatrician's office and they get free samples! Enfamil and Similac!
ReplyDelete