So earlier I was looking at Annie's Eats - I don't even remember why I went there. At some point I remembered that I opened the laptop to reserve a shelter at Shillito Park for Anna's first birthday in April. I needed to email Parks and Rec, double check that I want shelter #2 and that it is in fact available. Ok, so I had about 5 windows open on the computer - get a hold of yourself...one thing at a time, Laur.
Alright, I have emailed the proper person to get the shelter reserved; close related windows. Next...look at the blogrolls on the foodie blogs to see if there are others that I would be interested in reading and checking for recipes from time to time. I think this is maybe why I went to Annie's Eats? Well, as the Internet seems to do, one click leads to another and another. I find this hilarious sight (Food for the Thoughtless). Hilarious because of the witty, sarcastic, mean-spirited comments related to these strange people's surmised superiority because of their made-from-scratch cooking. I do like to use fresh ingredients when I can and always make my cookies from scratch, but let's face it, who has time to be a food snob all the time? What that means is that I do use things from a can, box, jar, or packet - yes I like Meijer organic black beans in a can, I do not make my own pasta, I made salsa yesterday - but it was a first, and Old El Paso reduced sodium Taco seasoning makes its way into my frying pan several times a month. I draw a line at certain things - any version of macaroni and cheese, baco bits, and taquitos to name a few.
So, Food for the Thoughtless posts this video of Sandra Lee making, wait for it... a Kwanzaa cake! It looks totally gross. Follow this link to find these food snobs crack on Sandra Lee from the Food Network, her weird ass food, and of course, her tablescapes. I may not agree with their all-homemade-all-the-time attitude, but I will add Kwanzaa cake to my list of no-way-Jose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment