The snow is melting, I didn't have to wear a coat today, and I went shopping! Just 3 of the reasons I have to be happy.
Now, one of the things concerning me...
So our Friday date nights (Bryan, Anna, and I go out to eat - nothing extraordinary) have been cut the past few weeks because of snow or Anna's need to sleep. She sleeps really well at night - in her crib, but naps in her crib are a little harder to make happen, and naps at daycare in a crib are even harder to make happen. This whole, not-enough-sleep during the day is getting old. When she was smaller, she would just sleep in the swing at daycare. She's moved to the mobile side of the room now - where they don't have swings. She's supposed to be getting ready to move to the one room where they sleep in cribs or cots.
The poor thing is woken up at 6am, which, like her mother, is not in her natural sleep rhythms. She really needs 3-4 hours of naps a day, but when I pick her up from dc, she's only been getting 1-2 hours of naps. This means that around 5 or so, I put her in her bed for a nap and she screams bloody murder. I am not exaggerating. I give her 10-15 minutes, then go get her and try to get her to relax so she will at least nap in her boppy downstairs by us. This totally sucks though! I don't get to see her all day, then when I do, she spends an hour of it screaming like someone is ripping her fingernails out. She naps for an hour or so, is awake for about an hour, then goes to bed. I end up crabby. We have a meeting with her teacher this week later this week, so I guess it's something we can bring up then.
As I'm writing this, It's making me think I'm going to have to leave work earlier to pick her up so she can nap at home where there's less commotion while I try to get some things done for school. IDK, maybe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment