This is a big moment for us. Remember I have the one kid on the planet that won't watch TV (except The Wiggles - and that's a dancing show, not a sitting show). I think she's much too busy for TV (It's really ok because I don't want her addicted to TV, but maybe a half hour here or there would be helpful from time to time?). So, no cuddling on the couch to watch Beauty and the Beast for us. Anna likes to be doing: cooking, helping, dancing, reading, coloring, playing, swinging, the list goes on, all except sitting and relaxing. So imagine how calm and comforting it made me feel when my sweet girl wanted to hang out with Mommy and Daddy to watch a little TV and relax before bed. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but could this be a new side to a growing-up Anna? I love her spunk, but I also love to cuddle. Will I get a little more cuddle time in the future? I hope so.
Today I am thankful for:
1. a successful trip to the mall with Anna
2. great weather - perfect temp and sunny skies can't be beat
3. a super sweet class - I don't want them to leave me
4. validation as a teacher and mother

No comments:
Post a Comment