This is Pink Baby.
At some point Anna got 2 of these babies; one is pink and the other is white with little baby things on it. They are sold at any store that sells toys (at least that I've seen). It has a plastic head, arms, and legs with a soft stuffing filled body. Anna has developed an attachment to these babies, but Pink Baby more so than White Baby - I have no idea why. It could be the road rash Pink Baby has from being dropped then ran over with the stroller on our nightly walks. It could be the little pills all over her body. It could be the smelly dirty pink outfit she USED to have. I guess it's the same as when kids have a blankie or a pacie - it's her comfort. She bends the baby's body over her hand, holds her head down with the other hand, and sucks on the baby's body. We assume it's a self soothing thing that went from bed time to anytime. She wants baby, Pink Baby, when she's tired, sad, had a tantrum, or just needs a little comfort.
Well, I just couldn't stand the look of Pink Baby's dirty clothes anymore; she was so dirty and gross. Her tag says - spot clean only. Well...I decided to go for it and wash her in the washing machine anyway. We had White Baby to take the place of Pink Baby while she was "getting a bath." I was really impressed with how OK Anna was with us washing Pink Baby. We did have to keep going to the washer to show her Pink Baby and let her hug and kiss Pink Baby, but no tantrums or fits!
I know why it is not suggested to put Pink Baby in the washing machine - she holds the water and sloshes quite a bit. We wrung her out and let her dry in the sun, but there is still water hanging out inside Pink Baby. I'm going to have to look for a new Pink Baby because I'm scared of her becoming moldy. I think it will be OK since she didn't get mad about Pink Baby losing her smell or whatever was making her so desirable. She's sleeping with White Baby tonight with only a little convincing that Pink Baby is wet and cannot sleep in bed tonight.
Today I'm thankful for:
- a calm weekend
- windows are open again
- Anna will be ok if I have to replace Pink Baby
- I got a nap this morning after Anna decided to wake up at 6:30 for the 2nd day in a row.
- Pink Baby being sold at 4 stores within a 5 minute drive

No comments:
Post a Comment