Well, do you ever have those moments when you realize your life could have changed in an instant? But Thank God, it didn't. I had one of those the other day... It was a nice day, so we had the windows open. I was making lunches in the kitchen. Anna was hanging out - just walking around holding onto some kind of toy or something; I wasn't paying very close attention to her. Until I see her climbing out of the window sill!!!!!! Our kitchen windows are on the second floor in the back of the house because of the walk-out basement, and she had climbed up to sit on the window sill with only a screen to hold her in. OMG even typing this makes me a nervous wreck - heart palpitations, crazy thoughts, negative-ville. I Thank God that window screen held her, and she didn't fall to the ground below. As an old co-worker once said, "you don't know scary until you are a parent."
We aren't opening the windows anymore until we have some window braces up that will actually keep a person from falling out of an open window (Amazon sells them). It's funny, several weeks ago I saw a house in the neighborhood with those window braces in all their upstairs windows, and I thought to myself, "we don't have to have those." Silly Laura, of course you do. We just didn't need them at that moment.
Today I'm thankful for:
- a new Pink Baby - yay Target
- a Girls' Night Out with Anna - Chik fil A, Graeters, and the park - all fun
- a warning before it was too late

No comments:
Post a Comment