Anna's great. Yes, she's dramatic and whines at every little thing and fights for control every chance she gets, but here are some things I've experienced with Anna since we've been together so much. These are the things that make her wonderful, and make me so proud to be her momma, momma, momma, mommy, mommy...
- She knows that A is for Anna, and D is for Daddy. I kid-you-not. Yes, she gets confused and forgets sometimes, but I'm telling you she knows A and D! I'm not even trying to be "crazy mom" making her read at age 2; she asks so many questions that I realized she knows those letters.
- I think reading is her favorite activity. We read the same books over and over and over and over. Then she starts "reading", ok, saying some of the words with me or after me.
- She is so curious and wants to learn everything she can. Kids are such sponges. She asks about a million questions a day, but half the time she's just repeating the same thing over and over to be sure that I'm telling the truth and giving her my full attention.
- She likes to copy our movements. If I bend down and touch my toes, she bends down to touch her toes. B and I keep saying we need to watch our mouths because I just know she's going to drop the F-bomb one of these days. I've gotta stop with that potty mouth.
- She likes to play hide and seek. She stands right in front of me, puts a blanket over her head, and says "Annnnnaaaaaa." That means I have to guess where she is. I guess a few places, and then I find her - what a trickster - standing under the blanket again! We do this over and over and over (are you seeing a theme).
- She sleeps in until around 8 everyday! How lucky am I? Come on now, I should at least get one easy thing.
- She loves to be outside - playing, taking a walk in her stroller, and looking for animals. She also likes to point out the stop signs.
- Some days she likes to use the potty regularly and other days she doesn't. I'm not pushing it. She'll let me know when she's ready.
- She loves Lady Gaga. She can sing along to the "la, la, la" and "ga, ga, ga" parts.
- I'm seeing some improvements in the "following directions" category. I'm learning how to get Anna to do what I want/what she needs to do while working with her. She needs to feel like she has control in the situation or I lose; I'm trying to win.
- She is so full of life and never has a dull moment. We go, go, go all day long.
- She is probably one of the sweetest and most loving children I've ever seen. She gives hugs and kisses to everyone and everything she possibly can. We often tell her that she can't hug that dog because we don't know it. She gave some old lady at the pool a hug and kiss - I guess she thought she needed a little love. B and I each get about 5 hugs and kisses each night at bedtime; it would be more, but we have to say, "last one," or we would be there all night.
I really love her. Sometimes it's tough being home all day, but I really love her so much and feel so blessed to be her momma, momma, momma, mommy, mommy!
I am thankful for:
- a three day weekend with B
- Eddy's real fruit popsicles - so yummy
- my beautiful, sweet, loving baby

No comments:
Post a Comment