Saturday, July 24, 2010

Leland, MI - 2010












I've been on hiatus this past week, and for a great reason - V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N! My step mom's family has a house on Lake Leelanau in Michigan. It's a really nice lake, big and relatively empty. They (my step family) have a pontoon boat, a speed boat, a jet ski, and a great yard . We were able to go this year along with my dad, step mom, brother, his friend, little sister, and her friend. We had great weather until Thursday, but that's the way it goes sometimes. We were nervous about the ride up with Anna, but she did really well. We got a DVD player for the car, and she actually enjoyed some of the shows: The Wiggles and Baby Einstein videos. We tried other shows, but she wasn't interested.

Anna had so much fun. I think it might be a tough week back - no perfect temps, no big kids to play with, no water to swim in, no jet ski to ride. She loved waking up every morning to run around the yard and explore. Even more fun was after her nap when she could get her suit on and go for a swim or a jet ski ride (very slow, very close to the house). She bonded with my little sister, Sydney, and her friend, Erin. She called them, "my girls." She got a chance to get to know my dad, step mom and brother better too - so thankful for that family time. She was so tired she slept most of the ride back today, so did I.


Today I'm thankful for:

a fun family vacation

a safe trip home

Anna did great in the car

we met with Bryan's family for lunch on the way home

I got all the vacation stuff put away and the laundry started

No comments:

Post a Comment