Anna LOVES the vacuum cleaner, flushing toilets, the lawnmower, and other loud gardening tools. She is curious and slightly scared of the Dustbuster. And she is completely terrified of the car wash.
When we vacuum she tries to help. She follows us around, touches the vacuum, and says her only word - "oooo." She utters the same sentiment when we walk past a house with some loud equipment running in the yard. She smiles and communicates how happy she is. Today, she watched the toilet flush, then bent down to see where the water was going - priceless.
Bryan hung the Dustbuster in the laundry room yesterday, so when you walk in the hallway you can see it hanging on the wall and the green light charging it. Well, she won't always walk past the laundry room (if the Dustbuster has been used recently); she stops and leans forward as far as she can so she can check out the Dustbuster and jabbers about it to us. It is one of the funniest things I've seen her do, and she does a lot of funny things. I used the Dustbuster to clean her highchair this evening, and she was backing away and going to dad to save her. What's she so scared of????
We've been to the gas station car washes 3 times with Anna, and all 3 times she has cried. Why??? We don't know what she's scared of. The noise? She likes lawnmowers for goodness sake. The water? She likes getting wet in the rain. When the cloths cover the car? She isn't afraid of the dark. We have no idea, but we need to remember not to have the car washed when she's with us; I don't like for her to be scared.
I'm going to try to get a picture of her not going past the laundry room. It's so funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Laura, this is a comment for your blog in general, not just the latest one on Anna's fear of the carwash and sweeper! I love reading all your entries...well, the ones I had time tonight. I'll certainly check it out again soon. I got started blogging late for me tonight...had to make dessert for tomorrow! Well, take care of your sweet, beautiful Anna and your hubby...seems like a match made in Heaven. Blessings.
ReplyDelete