Monday, August 24, 2009

Who knew?

We went to the KY State Fair this weekend; my mom came too. It was a good time - something new, something different, something besides lying around or going to Target. Anna enjoyed herself while she looked at all the people.
The following is a list of things I learned while at the fair:
  • Cows are huge - I had no idea they were so big!
  • Some people have the job of wiping the cow's butt after it poops in a bucket so it doesn't ruin its brushed tail and can win a ribbon. You're jealous aren't you???
  • Goats are not that big and seem to enjoy people.
  • There are lots of different types of rabbits, not just regular white, brown, or gray ones.
  • Some people are really strange and have pet pigeons, yes the disgusting rat-birds.
  • The fair grounds have traffic control issues. I wouldn't suggest going to the fair on a Saturday night, especially if Keith Urban is the musical guest - traffic was backed up for miles on 264 at 5:00 - no thank you.
  • Lumber Jills are girls that chop wood and stuff.
  • The people that run concessions out of trailers must make a killing - $5 for a funnel cake (dough, sugar, oil) and $2 for a drink - seriously the life of a carnie must be good.

Maybe we'll go again next year. I might learn something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment