Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Can I call myself a reader?

I like to read, and I finally had a few moments to catch up on some reading over the summer. I sometimes feel like I'm cheating on Twilight when I read other books, but I think Bella and Edward understand I need a little variety in my life. So I sewed my wild reading oats this summer.

I read a few good ones; I am Charlotte Simmons by Tom Wolfe was my favorite. The main character, Charlotte, stayed with me for weeks after; she comes back to me now and again (when Bella and Edward let her).

I mostly read things that are mindless. I don't enjoy reading if I have to think about what the words mean. I haven't read the classics unless it was in high school, and I don't really remember those. 2 exceptions: Gone With the Wind and To Kill a Mockingbird, and they happen to be my two favorite books. I wonder if I would enjoy Jane Austen, that is, I wonder if I would enjoy Jane Austen if I could stay awake past page 1? All that thinking makes me sleepy.
Well, off to read a few chapters of my latest Stephanie Plum adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment