I have lots of mixed emotions right now. I'm excited, filled with anticipation, and sad with the feeling of loss all at the same time. Today was my first day back to work. That also means it was Anna's first day back to daycare. We're separated.
This summer has been very 1-year-old centered. We've read the same book over and over, played tea party, ate snacks, made messes, sang songs, and all the other things toddlers find fun. I've had a really good time getting to know Anna now that her personality is really coming out. I'm going to miss playing with her and watching her laugh and smile. I'm not going to miss the one-sided conversations and leg pinching, but I am going to miss her. She's fun and is learning new things.
Am I going to know about the things she's learning now that we'll be spending time apart? Am I going to have enough energy to play at the end of a long school day? Is she going to have enough energy to play and be pleasant after a long day? I'll just have to be positive and remember that when school is over, school is over. That means at 4 or 4:30, it's Anna time. This year is going to be a different kind of balancing act than last year. I can do this. She deserves it. She's great. I love her.
Monday, August 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You're right, you can do it. It's not easy, I know. Being a working mom is all sorts of guilt-ridden. But as long as you're there for her when you are there? (And you are) It'll work out just fine. :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I'll be thinking of you!