Thursday, August 20, 2009

how facebook messes with my mind

So back when facebook was mostly college kids, I joined so I could kit with my brother. Well, he isn't even on fb anymore, but most of my friends and some family are. I like fb because I can post pics of Anna to share with my family and friends, and I kit with my friends that live all over the country. Good reasons for me to stay on fb, right?

Here are the reasons I second guess that choice:
1) I THINK IN STATUS UPDATES!!!! Seriously... I'm doing something, stupid, random, everyday, and my mind thinks "I could write this in my status like this..." Like anyone really cares.

2) I wonder if people like me or don't like me based on their response time. I'm not usually like that in real life, but on the computer, yes, I am paranoid, what can I say?

3) I know too much info on people that don't really matter in my life anymore, you know - the people I went to high school with. I don't really need their info taking important brain space; motherhood was a big enough kick to the brain.

What to do??? I'm certain that facebook takes up time I could be doing more productive things, like cleaning. Ok, haha, cleaning sucks, I'd just find something else to fill that time. It could be better spent than on fb, probably. But how will I know what's going on in the world? Maybe I could start writing letters to friends and family - the comeback of snail mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment