I met my class today, well, at least most of the kiddos. I already have kids that I know will bring me a smile everyday - how lucky am I to have a job where a good morning and a good bye hug are the norm? I'm blessed to be in a school where a majority of the kids are happy and taken care of, and their parents help with all the intense learning school in the year 2009 brings: sight words, math facts, reading, writing, spelling, you name it. Teaching is hard, and without parent support and involvement, it is close to impossible (in my opinion). I also got many visits from my grown-up second graders! I had a great year last year - super kids and supportive parents. I think it will be more of the same this year.
My dilemma: Anna got sick at daycare on Friday after lunch. She got sick again after dinner. Saturday she ate all bread/bland foods except for dinner (grilled cheese and fries), then she was sick again on Sunday morning - back to bland foods. She was fine Monday, but on my way to daycare/work today, she got sick again. She's never had a temp over 99.2. She has been less active, but by no means sedentary and sick acting. Since it was meet the teacher day, I couldn't really stay home, so B stayed with her and took her to the doctor. The doctor said it is probably just a virus. My mom's a nurse, and she said it is common for a virus to last this many days for a toddler. This is a sucky week to not go to work; so many things to practice, so many things to introduce, so many things, so many things. I'm pretty sure that whatever germs she has were picked up from daycare and thoroughly spread around at this point. I'm going to try to take her again tomorrow with a bag full of bland bread and cracker foods and hope for the best. I hope it's only a virus, and that she's back to full health SOON. Ohhhhh, the guilt - am I being a bad mom???? Is she just fine ?????? I hope she's ok, and that it's nothing major. I hope she's OK; this is the first time she's had any major illness, I just don't know how it works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment