Sunday, January 2, 2011

How will I do it?

Yes, how will I wake up at 5:30 tomorrow????? This is a serious question because for the past two weeks, plus 2 snow days I have been sleeping in until 7:30 or 8:00 (that's sleeping in at our house). I feel so well rested - like I could get a ton of stuff done around the house with all my extra energy (but I won't because I'm usually doing what Anna wants to do).


I've had a great break and Christmas. Our travels were safe despite the snow, and it's always fun to hang out with family. My best Christmas present: Nikon D90 camera. Bryan found it on Craigs List for a really good deal. It's only a few years old and the previous owner hardly ever used it. These are 2 of my favorite pics from Christmas morning:





Anna's favorite gifts are the dress-ups from my Aunt Donna and the Beauty Shop dress-up and play restaurant food set from my dad. She actually loved everything she got, and had a blast just opening the presents, but those are the things we've played with over and over and over again. She did really well during the break considering her routine was all messed up, she had to travel a long distance in the car, and she went to a lot of over-stimulating family parties. Our strategy that works the bestwhen a tantrum or breakdown is coming: take a cool down (like a time out but before the screaming, kicking, hitting, biting start). She goes to her room with her baby and calmly recharges for a few minutes - works like a dream and she really likes it.

I've had a lot of fun hanging with my family, playing with new Christmas gifts, shopping, baking, and having some quality alone time, but it will be good to get back to our routine. I actually miss my kids at school and am looking forward to seeing them tomorrow - just not so early.

Today I'm thankful for:

  1. potty training is off to a great start. She was definitely ready. I'm so proud of her.
  2. the healthy foods stocked in my fridge.
  3. Anna's nap time - I got my report card labels finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment