Monday, January 17, 2011

House Plans

Our house has always been nice, but there have been some things we'd like to change. Bryan was taking measurements yesterday, so maybe we'll be getting to some of the changes when the weather warms up.

The things we'd like to do:
  • put a fireplace in the basement - this will be a big expensive job, so I don't know if the following projects will actually happen...
  • tile Anna's bathroom and fix or replace her toilet
  • replace carpet in Anna's bedroom and toy room (which will turn into Anna's bedroom, I think)
  • put shelves with toy baskets in basement
  • buy a bedroom set for us (we'll give Anna our dressers)
  • get the bed Bryan bought from Craigs List stripped, then stain it for Anna
  • buy a mattress for Anna's new bed. I already have the bedding!
  • paint living room, dining room, and Anna's bedroom - and accessorize as needed
  • clean and organize the office which currently is the messiest disaster area in the house
  • put hardwood floors in the living room (this one's a long way off)
  • buy a flat screen to be hung over the fireplace (this one's a long way off, too)

Neither of us plan on getting an extra job, so I'm not really sure how long this will take. We tend to be REALLY picky, and we only like to spend money on things of nice quality - even if we have to pay a little more. One of Bryan's qualities that I admire most is his ability to do HOURS of research on things before buying anything (like the fireplace), so it takes us a really long time to buy things.

Good luck to us!

Today I am thankful for:

  • a day off with roads clear so Anna could go to daycare, and I could get the house cleaned
  • Anna seems to be free of sinus congestion and is in a much better mood than last week
  • 3 Jillian Michaels DVDs for some variety in my weekly exercise
  • $1 bin at Target has foam stickers that Anna loves to play with - for like 15 min at a time!!!
  • Anna is doing awesome wearing panties - no more daytime diapers!!!!
  • Anna's bedtime routine: get PJs on, brush teeth, then we each get to read a book. Anna "reads" No, David, and it might be the cutest thing I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment