I know there are all sorts of political issues that go with this book, but I'm not going there. It's not something I know enough about to delve into on this blog. I'll just keep it simple...
I really loved Katniss. She reminds me of Anna - doing things her way regardless of what authority wants or expects. Even though the story is fiction, it reminds me that there is plenty of need in this world for rule breakers! I loved Peeta - his goodness, and his complete love for Katniss despite her flaws. I loved Haymitch - issues, sure, but so much heart and so much to give.
I will miss all the characters; I get so attached to characters in series books, but I will not miss dreaming about what was going to happen to my "friends". I was only dreaming about the story and having restless nights, so I could only imagine what their nightmares were like. I think I will read all 3 again so I can take my time and soak in all the details - I found myself just trying to read more and faster so I could find out what was going to happen that I'm sure I missed some of the details.
I just love a good book - or 3!
Today I am thankful for:
- great books
- "warm" weather
- snow melting
- my mom visiting today

No comments:
Post a Comment