B is a great hubby and daddy. He loves Anna and me with his whole heart. I never question his love and dedication for us. I do however question his "man brain."
When we were first living together, I was going to school and substitute teaching. I had the extra time and (pretend) newlywed love in my heart to take care of him. I made lunches, fixed dinner, did the laundry, and sort of cleaned (blah). Well with a full time teaching job and an active 21 month old, I don't want to do all of it all of the time. I know I'm not alone in this - ladies out there. Great husbands get spoiled by us, then don't want to help with the daily work around the house when life gets busier and more complex.
We've had several discussions about this lately. Yes, you do things that I can't do: computer stuff, mowing, shoveling snow, drilling and other handy stuff - BUT THAT IS ONCE-IN-A-WHILE KIND OF STUFF, NOT WEEKLY, NOT DAILY!!!!! If it's not fun, he doesn't want to do it. So I'm stuck with poopy diapers, cooking, cleaning up the dishes, and putting the laundry away. I do it because it has to be done. I'm tired of doing all the crappy stuff.
Well, I guess me explaining that I'm not his maid several times recently sunk in today. I try to clean the house every other Saturday, and today, he helped!!! He also helped with the laundry and shoveled the drive. I still had the poopy diaper, but I'm super thankful that he loves me with his whole heart and listened.
Love you, B
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment