Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'll have fun with friends, but I'm going to miss my baby

Bryan and I are going to the Bahamas on Thursday. Notice that I didn't say Anna is going too? Bryan's best friend, Luke, is getting married to his long time girl friend, Nickie, at the Sandals Royal Bahamian. Sandals = no kids.
I'm excited for a bunch of reasons:
  • B and I will have a romantic weekend together - our first since before Anna (really before pregnancy)
  • We get to see our friends that we rarely ever get to see. After college, we moved all over the country. Weddings are about the only time we see our high school and college friends.
  • We get to have a few days in the warmth and sun. Yes, away from this horrendous cold and snow.
  • We are going someplace new - I've never been to the Bahamas.
  • A little break from work and life.

I'm sad, nervous, and anxious for a bunch of reasons:

  • We've never left Anna overnight, much less 3 nights. She'll be with my mom, so I know she'll be taken care of, but I've never been away from her for that long.
  • I will miss my baby. She makes me so happy. I'll miss her pretty smiling face and silly things she does.
  • Anna's been having a lot of sleep issues lately. Her doctor said it was normal, but it's hard to know what to do. She wakes up every couple of nights screaming. Sometimes if we let her go, she will fall asleep on her own. There are other times, the only way to get her to sleep is by bringing her in our bed; she falls asleep instantly when she comes in our bed so that makes me wonder if she just needs to be comforted. The past few nights she will not fall asleep unless she's being held. If we leave her in her bed to cry it out, she tries climbing out of her crib but stops while straddling the top bar - I guess she doesn't want to hurt herself by dropping down. It's a hard choice - cry and maybe hurt herself or fall asleep with us and start bad habits. We've been leaning towards stay safe which leads to starting bad habits. She's at least sleeping in her crib every night for at least some or all night. My mom won't want her in any pain or sadness, so I'm sure she'll be in her bed every night.

    It will be tough to be away from Anna, but all in all, I'm looking forward to a fun weekend.

    Love you Anna. Love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment