B and I had a really nice time on our little trip to the Bahamas. We stayed at Sandals which is all inclusive. It was expensive upfront, but it was nice to not have to worry about money while we were there. I didn't really like being out of the country with Anna so far away. We couldn't use our cell phones, so we had to keep our conversations short each morning. If B and I need another getaway, I think we'll keep it closer to home or maybe someplace fun, like Vegas. We missed Anna - especially in the mornings and nights, but we did ok.
We watched our friends (Luke and Nickie) get married on the beach. It was a really intimate ceremony with special touches for the mothers. We hung out with friends that live in: Cincinnati, Portland, Cleveland soon to be Seattle, Columbus, and other various places in the country. We stayed up late. We ate, B and everyone else drank. We didn't chase a 21 month adorable little girl around.
My mom did well with Anna up until Sunday. She took her shopping and visited a friend of hers that lives in Lexington a few times. We came home to all kinds of goodies. But on Saturday night my mom had the brilliant idea to clean up our office, which was the only room we hadn't unpacked. Well, she stayed up until 4 in the morning - which made her crash hard and act crazy when I talked to her on the phone from the Atlanta airport. I knew, well hoped I knew, that she was taking care of Anna despite the weird tone of her voice and ditsy things she was saying. She was putting her diaper on and getting her into her jams at the right time - so that was good. I bought a book (side note: awesome Jodie Picoult book - Salem Falls) to keep my mind from going to the dark side. We finally made it home around midnight on Sunday to find the house and Anna intact. My mom was tired and worn out. I talked to her about everything a few days ago. I'm not mad at her, just disappointed - what the hell was she thinking??? I will let her watch Anna again, but we don't have plans for any big weekends without Anna coming up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment