First: I talked to Anna's head teacher on the way to work the other day. She put me at ease. The new girl is in training and she has already brought some things I was talking about to her attention. The head teacher or one of my favorite girls is in charge (depending on the time of day). She also said she would talk to new girl and help her improve.
And for the past two afternoons when I picked Anna up, she was actually pleasant and not super annoying. I'm hoping and praying that the improvements continue so I know I can leave my baby without worrying about her too much. I like the things daycare exposes her to, like other children her age to play and interact with, other adults, learning experiences, that's about it at her age. My friend really likes her in-home daycare. If it's structured and offers learning experiences and I like the lady and her teenage daughters, it might be a good alternative choice that is still close to home and it costs less. I might look into it over the summer, idk.
Second: I was reading Pioneer Woman, and she had a contest where she invited people to her house to make little cute cake pastries with Bakerella. She said she was going to have more contests like that in the future. I know I don't live in or near OK, but I might just use sick days and pay for a plane ticket if I won one of her contests. She's crazy (in a good way) - I don't know if I could keep up with her (baking, cleaning, cooking, photographing, homeschooling, decorating, and the list goes on), but I would really like to see where she lives, eat her food, and make cookies in her kitchen. This is my daydream...picture of me on her blog (with makeup on and a cute outfit that I never actually bake in - maybe photoshopped with a slight tan, but not overdone) and a caption that says "This is Laura. She made kick-ass cookies. I'll invite her back sometime." I used to day dream like that about boys in high school, now I'm daydreaming about being friends with a blogger, so ridiculous.
I'm off to relax and get ready for school and round 2 of parent-teacher conferences tomorrow. I know you're jealous.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment