I might have overreacted. I might not have overreacted.
Anna got a new "teacher" in her room a few weeks ago. I liked all the girls in her room. They were sweet and easy to talk to. I don't particularly care for the new girl - she's loud and rough. I feel like most of the people at daycare enjoy Anna, she's sweet, funny, and laid back; don't get me wrong, she has her moments, but her fits can usually be solved by paying some attention to her or singing to her. I feel like the new girl made a lot of negative comments about Anna and interrupted my conversations with the other girls, you know, unsolicited feedback. Anna's diapers were also put on very loosely which I think contributed to the every-day accidents on her clothes. So, we didn't exactly get off to a good start.
Bryan (drops her off in the am) said something about the diapers being put on poorly to Anna's head teacher, well, they got a little better. Then today, I went to change her diaper, and her onesie was only buttoned on one snap and the diaper was kind of half-assed. The onesie was all stretched out and started to make a rip at the snap. I kind of started fuming. I called the daycare and talked to one of the main people in the office. I calmly (yes, I was calm) told her I've not been happy with the new person in her room and why. My biggest complaint or worry: if she can't even put her diaper and clothes on, what else is she half-assing? Is she paying any attention to my baby? Is she taking care of her at all? I don't expect the girl to teacher her French, but cover the f-in' basics.
I've been happy with her daycare for the most part up to this point. There have been some small concerns, but I never worried that she was being taken care of until this point. So did I overreact, no, because taking care of Anna is my number one concern, and I have to stick up for her.
I just don't want the girl to take it out on Anna. I think I'll call and talk to her head teacher tomorrow to clear the air.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment