Anna's Pink Baby is probably her most favorite possession. She sleeps with her, sucks on her belly, takes her in the car, goes to her for comfort when she's sad, and just likes to have her close by at all times. She frequently tells me, "Pink Baby is my friend." (Don't worry she says that about real people too). She has to leave her in the car while she's at daycare or in a public place, but when we're at home Anna and Pink Baby are never far apart. Well for some strange and unknown kid reason, Anna was messing around on the potty before bed tonight when Pink Baby had the unfortunate luck to be laying on the floor near the toilet and received a few undesired spots of pee on her body. AHHHHHHHH! Why, why, why on her body? If you remember from this previous post, wetness and Pink Baby don't mix. I rushed her to the kitchen where I tried to do emergency spot cleaning, but I did not succeed; she stinks. At least we didn't eat any asparagus tonight. While Anna was in the bathroom sobbing Bryan and I found two other Pink Babies (one old and one new) in the basement for her to try out. She was being so brave while we talked to her about not being able to use Pink Baby tonight and using one of the other ones. I started to cry seeing her truly sad, not just overreacting about something stupid. Right now she's in her bed sleeping with a new Pink Baby – she is clean and fluffy, and not at all what she likes in a Pink Baby while Bryan is being a Hero Dad.
First he cut the arms, legs, and head off Pink Baby.
Then he pulled the stuffing out of her – very carefully so as not to upset the perfect un-fluffiness.
He washed her clothes so they look a little pink again. Look at the gross water!
What a dad!
This is one of those "I didn't think I would ever ______ for my kid" moments. It might sound ridiculous. You might be thinking, just get rid of the dirty thing. But if you've ever seen her with Pink Baby to know how much she relies on her for comfort, you might do the same. Maybe this will be our turning point where we try leaving Pink Baby at home and only use her at sleeping times. I don't know what the future holds for Pink Baby. What I do know is that I'm really proud of Anna tonight for being so brave, and I think Bryan is just the best dad a girl could ask for.
Tonight I'm thankful for:
- Walks with my family
- a husband that can sew
- Extra Pink Babies in the house

No comments:
Post a Comment