Bryan and I went around and around about what to make/buy/have catered for dinner. We were just having family over, about 20 people came. We finally decided on Baked Ziti from Annie's Eats. I made one healthier pan with turkey sausage and whole wheat pasta, and a second pan with regular sausage and white pasta. We also had this delicious appetizer, veggies with dip, yogurt covered pretzels from Fresh Market, a variety of rolls from Fresh Market, berries, salad, and sun chips. Everything turned out really well.
To really get into the theme, I made a Hello Kitty cake. I'm glad I did it, but I don't know if I would do it again. I didn't mind the tedium of making the stars, but my hand and wrist were cramping up so badly. I think it turned out really cute. I also made chocolate cupcakes in Hello Kitty wrappers for the chocolate lovers.
Anna opened her presents and made sure to remind us all that "this is mine," with every new present. She got some Barbies, dress ups, a suitcase, lots of clothes, a few pairs of shoes, and some sport stuff. She was very spoiled, but we've had fun playing with all her new toys. She played and fought with her cousin Jackson. They had a good time, but it was hard for Anna to stay happy and friendly as the night went on.
My Dad and that part of the family stayed the next day and went to Keenland. We were able to meet up with them after Anna's nap. Anna looked cute as ever in a new birthday dress with a white jean jacket. She loved watching the horses and being outside; she just wished she could have touched one of the horses.
It was a great birthday weekend, and I'm glad we only have to do it once a year. All that cleaning and preparing is exhausting!
Today I'm thankful for:
- a loving family that traveled down for Anna's party
- sleeping in
- warm sunny days to play outside
- a healthy, happy daughter
- Bryan vacuuming and picking things up while I was out

No comments:
Post a Comment