Monday, June 15, 2009

ALL MOVED IN!

We're in the new house!

Friday was crazy - the movers showed up at 8. B had already moved most of the boxes to the garage and all the furniture downstairs into the dining room. It still took 3 hours to load the U-HAUL. I couldn't help much bc I was watching Anna (her daycare was closed for an in service and my friend that watches her sometimes was out of town) while also trying to vacuum and clean up. After everything was packed, B had to drive the U-HAUL over to the new house and I drove one of the cars. We met my mom who was thankfully able to come down to watch Anna while we went to both closings, and then met the movers who helped unpacked the POD and the U-HAUL. (It took much less time unpacking.) Two closings and moving in one day is a bit much - I wouldn't recommend it. We don't plan on moving again for a very long time.

B's parents came down on Saturday to help get us unpacked and settled. They are what I call "doers." They get things done, you know - they don't tend to sit around if there are things that need to be accomplished. It's a good thing, a very good thing, we have them in our lives. With the exception of the office (mostly my stationary stuff), the master bedroom (clothes are not organized just yet), and the basement storage (bc we don't have a good official place for most of my china and serving dishes), everything else is unpacked and set up! We never could have done it without them. I have a Lowes and Target list started. Some thing will be on the list for awhile (like curtains), and some will be checked off more quickly (like TP holders for 2 of the bathrooms).

We've already met 5 sets of neighbors -which is more than we met at our old house in the 5 years we lived there. People seem friendly and there are lots of kids. We are happy here; I'm glad we made the move. Plus...it only takes 5 or 10 minutes to get to the grocery and Target instead of 20!

No comments:

Post a Comment