Wednesday, June 3, 2009

i love them anyways

I didn't love today. I didn't even like today. I might have known that it wasn't going to be a good one when at 12:35 am I woke to the sound of the loudest, scariest thunder I've ever heard in my life. I've never even been one of those adults (or even kids) that is scared of thunderstorms, but I tell you what - this was some serious thunder. The house shook, the room rumbled, and my heart beat out of my chest for a good 10 beats. Maybe it's being a mother that scared me so bad - I was questioning whether it was thunder, or a Mac truck, or a bad person coming through the house. Then it rained all day...
We had "Camp Read-A-Lot" at school today for the second last day of the year. Call it inexperience or maybe I was just too overwhelmed with a new position and a baby, but controlling some of the chatty and less-than-lovely behaviors in my class at the very beginning of the year didn't happen, so it's been an up-hill battle for me throughout the year (learning moment). Well, my kids are very friendly with each other, which is great, but they could not get themselves under control today, and I was sick and tired of hearing them. I'll have to reconsider "Camp Read-A-Lot" next year.
I debating whether or not I should make them their cookies tomorrow. But...it's the last day. I love those wild and crazy kids, even when they can't stop talking. We all wish school was over. Cookies make everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment