Monday, May 25, 2009

busy bee

It's going to be a busy couple of weeks, or maybe months. B and I packed a ton of stuff yesterday; we still have a ton more to pack. I found more things for our garage sale next Saturday. I probably could have gotten rid of more things. I have a lot of fun party and holiday dishes that we don't use very often. We can actually have people over to the new house - it's great for entertaining, so maybe we'll get more use out of those things.

We are also on the hunt for a new daycare or home daycare. It's a hard choice; it's a big decision. The place where Anna goes now won't be convenient at all for B or me. We visited one home daycare where the lady and her husband are super nice, but I worry that they are too old. I have a few more people to call. I also found some places online to check out in the coming weeks or during the summer. I feel stressed about this decision.

As far as the recipes from this post go:
1. I made mini breakfast pastries - they were delicious. PW likes them warm out of the oven, but I prefer them the next day. They taste like cinnamon sugar donuts.
2. I also made the banana nut muffins as minis. They were good. I would make them again.
3. The mini chocolate chip muffins weren't that great. I wouldn't make them again.
4. The punch was yummy. I had to make 1/2 at a time because there was so much liquid involved. I froze it in 4 gallon size Ziploc bags. I took it out to thaw when I left in the am (around 6:30), and by 10:30, I could use my hands to crush it inside the Ziploc bags before putting it in the punch bowl.

We only have 8 days of school with kids - I can hardly believe the year is almost over. It's been a good year, but I'm excited to spend the summer with Anna. We've had a fun 3-day weekend. She's so darn cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment