Wednesday, May 13, 2009

baking plans

I'm getting excited about my many baking opportunities coming up. I know, I should be packing, cleaning, or putting the laundry away, but that's not fun - planning a party is much better. I'm having a little program for my students and their parents next week. I have PLANS to bake the following things, but I might just end up with the regular boxed version, which is ok too.
These links will help me organize my to-do list as well as help me remember what I'm doing!

1. From PW: French Breakfast Puffs. I made these once before. They were yummy. I think I will make minis this time and dip in butter and cinnamon & sugar rather than coat.

2. From www.allrecipes.com: Banana Crumb Muffins. Allrecipes is a great site with endless recipes. I will probably add chopped pecans since plain banana bread is just not-quite-right.

3. From www.allrecipes.com: Chocolate Chip Muffins. The reviews suggest making it a full cup of milk, adding 1/2 t of vanilla, and 1/2 c sour cream, so I'll do that. Baking time: only 18 min.

4. From www.allrecipes.com: Party Punch IX. The reviews make it sound pretty good. I will definitely cut back to 2 c of sugar. I could probably make this a little ahead of time.

Maybe I'm crazy to think I can do this, but it's fun to think about.

grocery list: sour cream, 3 boxes fruit flavored jello, 2 (46 oz) cans pineapple juice, 1 (16 oz) bottle lemon juice concentrate, 2 bottles ginger ale, gallon Ziploc bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment