My mom handed out candy at our house while we walked around the neighborhood. Anna helped her when we got back. She wanted so badly to give all the kids candy - it was really cute to see her get into the giving as much as the getting. I complain too much about the trouble she gives me, and it's those little moments when I see how great of a kid she really is.
The neighbors across the street put on their spooky show again. They dress up in the full gear and chase kids to scare them. It's pretty great to watch. Anna isn't scared of anything that we've seen, and even when we went to their house she was very interested and held onto my leg for just a minute - but no crying, no screaming, no running away - just watching and taking it all in. She's funny like that. So many kids are afraid of Halloween decorations, but she just goes right up to them to touch and check out and smile. One thing I know, Anna loves fun.
We had so much fun tonight; I wish Halloween was more than once a year. I wonder what she'll be next year...
(Pictures later - after my camera battery charges)
Today I'm thankful for:
- a good girl
- My mom coming to visit
- a really fun Halloween night
- Skittles, Starburst, and Reese's Pieces

No comments:
Post a Comment