Now that my fall break has begun I thought that I would be productive and clean the house today. I got the bright idea to mop the floors in the bathroom, which means I thought to also wash the rugs. I never mop the floors; I hate mopping, that's why it's Bryan's job, usually. I should have remembered that. I put 2 of the rugs in the washing machine with a few other towels and things. When I went in to put the things in the dryer I smelled something - kind of like a burning smell. The rugs and things still had a lot of soap on them, so I ran the washing machine again from the rinse cycle - without the larger of the 2 rugs. Everything worked out ok -nothing was on fire, and the washing machine worked until I tried to put the larger rug in the machine at the rinse cycle to get the soap out and all I got was washer partly full of water and a really wet rug.
That means - I did it! I broke the washing machine (probably the motor). While that might not seem horrible, things break, it actually is because that's not the first washer I broke with the bathroom rugs!!! Here's the careless and idiot part: At our old house with a different washer, I did the same exact thing! I thought I would be able to wash the rugs with this washer because I've done it before. I guess my luck has run out. I texted Bryan to let him know (because I am a coward); I didn't want to tell him over the phone, texting is way easier. He still loves me, it's ok. My mom suggested that I take them to the laundromat next time, "it's only an hour and a half of your life you won't get back." When do I have an hour and a half to sit around (well, probably tomorrow, but that's beside the point).
I've learned my lesson the very hard and expensive way...do not put big rugs in the washing machine that you own. Now that we will probably have to buy a new washer, I might not get that nice camera I've been wanting. On the other hand, now we can get a front-loader!
Today I am thankful for:
- fall break to relax (and break expensive equipment :))
- a cinnamon crunch bagel from Panera
- money in the bank to buy a new washer

No comments:
Post a Comment