Tuesday, October 19, 2010

2.5


Anna and Jackson at the Cincinnati Zoo enjoying their suckers.
My baby is 2 and a half! She's like a real little person, not a baby at all (although she might act like one from time to time). I thought we were moving on from the Terrible Twos, but it seems like we're right back in the thick of it, and yes, I'm going a little crazy. More on that later, cuz this is all about Anna...


Things she loves:


  • Mommy, Daddy, and all other family members

  • pink baby - a baby better than all others, and dirtier

  • having books read to her

  • "reading" books to us

  • chips and salsa

  • singing Happy Birthday

  • The Wiggles

  • dancing, running, jumping...any kind of movement

  • playing "catch me"

  • helping

  • Belle (Beauty and The Beast) - she knows her from a book, not the movie

  • presents

  • mints

  • her school friends
  • talking on the phone

  • being outside

  • the park, zoo, and any other place to run around and explore

  • babies - real ones

  • freedom and independence

  • whining

  • junk food (except ice cream)


Things she doesn't love so much:

  • not getting her way

  • loosing privileges

  • riding in a stroller (except for neighborhood walks)


What amazes me:

  • she knows about half of her letters by name, and can give a name or word that begins with that letter

  • she speaking in sentences - she has trouble from time to time, but her speech continues to improve

  • she can count to 15 - usually with several numbers missing, but it's a start
  • shapes- heart, star, oval, circle
  • colors - pink and yellow

I might get frustrated with Anna, but I can always go back to the fact that I have an amazing daughter. She's curious, strong-willed, independent, smart, beautiful, friendly, so full of life, and a true blessing in my life. Today I'm thankful for Anna and for getting to be her mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment