Last week we got an email from a counselor at another school mentioning a Pioneer Day at her farm. We didn't have anything else going on, so I figured Anna and I could check it out. We had to drive out to the middle of nowhere, but once we made it we had a great time. The family lives at the farm and works there (sheep farm). In the past year they opened their farm up for agritourism and have invited people to come for different learning experiences. Anna and I were the only people there at first, so she had a great time petting and feeding the rabbits and meeting the chickens, donkey, pig, and geese. Anna also met a friend, the boy that lives at the farm. He was a sixth grader and so nice. He held Anna's hand and humored her in her adventures. She enjoyed running around and being around the animals. I was a little worried a few times because they had a lot of junk laying around, and Anna can be easily attracted to danger. She fell down a lot and got a little too close to things that she could hurt herself on, but it was ok. I guess I would go back again since she loved the animals and had such a great time running around outside, but I hope they can clean their crap up a little better.
Today I am thankful for:
- a working washing machine
- beautiful, warm, sunny days
- a relaxing and fun Fall Break

No comments:
Post a Comment