Sunday, March 21, 2010

My Weekend... Mine, All Mine

Bryan went to a supplier visit near his parents' house, and he took Anna with him so she could spend time with Mimi and PaPa. It was just me (and Shelby, who makes me feel safe when I'm home alone) from Thursday night through Sunday afternoon. I hated to see them go, but it was also nice to get to do whatever I wanted without time limits, without worrying about what Anna needed, and without hearing Bryan say, "We don't need to go shopping."
So, here's a quick summary of my weekend:
  • 3 good night sleeps
  • 2 mornings to sleep in
  • 1 day of conferences
  • 1 walk with Shelby
  • Joseph-Beth and Artique on Friday night
  • massage and pedicure on Saturday
  • shopping with Tara on Saturday: Target (I got a ton of stuff - mostly clothes for Anna for the summer) and Carters
  • shopping by myself: American Eagle (gift card used on flip flops and sun glasses), Gap (2 pairs of jeans, a polo shirt, and a pair of leggings for Anna - gift card and $), Kohls (a few shirts and picture frames). I think I'm good on the shopping thing for a while. Sometimes I just have to get it out of my system.
  • watched New Moon on Saturday night! It was so good.
  • normal Sunday stuff: grocery, Sam's Club, laundry

I had a really enjoyable weekend getting to do things I don't normally get to do, or at least not for the full weekend. But the best part of my weekend was the HUGE hug I got from Anna when they got home; she just held on tight and let me hold her while we talked. She's getting so big, and I love her so much.

Today I'm thankful for:

  • Anna's big hug
  • Anna and Bryan got home safely
  • getting to sleep in
  • a regenerating weekend
  • strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment